Sunday, October 12, 2008

So strange

It's 11:11 a.m. on Sunday morning and we've been childless since 6:30 last night. J's step-mom took Matthew overnight so that we could attend a wedding reception at Artists of the World Gallery (beautiful day, beautiful wedding, lovely couple - Tammy and Sheldon).

Ahh the rare luxury of being alone. But also, how strange to go to bed and not wonder if Matthew would wake up in the night. And to wake up and not hear him chattering away in his crib. I had been looking forward to this night for so long. But this morning, when I woke up at 7:30, all I could think was, I can't wait to get my baby back.

Still, Jean took Matthew to the farmer's market this morning for ingredients for the Thanksgiving dinner tonight, so J and I have had a few extra hours to chill. We decided breakfast out somewhere was in order, so we headed out for some eggs benny. Oh it was good. Shame I spoilt it by drinking too much coffee, which now has me buzzing and suffering heart burn.

Times like this remind me of how little time I have to myself now. Sitting eating a leisurely breakfast with J made me think of times before Matthew. I can only fantasize about going out to breakfast on the weekend, pottering around the shops for a few hours, and then getting ready to go out in the evening. We actually used to live like that. Did we?
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

No comments: