Saturday, November 22, 2008

November

It's been a week since I last wrote here. Hell November is almost gone. November was supposed to be the month of getting baby things ready, moving Matthew into his new bedroom and preparing freezer meals for January, so that December could be the month for relaxing and preparing my hypnobirthing techniques for labour. Ha. I'm not usually one to indulge in self pity but I've had a serious case of the "poor me"s this week. I've lost count how many times I've melted down, how many times I've wanted to crawl under the covers and stay there, and how many times I've thought about my family who are so very far away, and wished I was near them.

On a happy note, though, I started seeing a chiropractor and honestly the most blissful part of my week was the 10 minutes when I laid on the table and was poked and prodded with strange implements. I'm a total convert, after just 2 visits. Oddly my visits to the chiropractor have made me realize how little I acknowledge the various aches and pains going on in my body. And really, how much I tend to ignore what's going on with me overall. How annoying. Selfless mommy syndrome has set in. It took the doctor numerous questions and tests to unearth all the pain areas: lower back, upper back, leg and neck. Ouch.

In lieu of more interesting subject matter, here's a few of my week's highlights. I've:
*completed 2 writing assignments
*watched our basement evolve from dungeon to oooh-now-I-can-see-it livable space (unfortunately that has meant loosing my much-needed helper, J)
*heard my 2nd son's heartbeat on the doppler, felt him move a million times and told him I love him
*had good and bad times with my 1st son, who is absolutely beautiful, but who is entering the phase of temper tantrums at every denied request and who, shamefully, I have appeased several times this week by leaving him to gawk in front of Treehouse in moments of desperation
*canceled my 30th birthday party
*catered for 4 adults and 1 child
*got up at the ungodly time of 5:30 a.m. to drive my father-in-law to the bus station
*made 30 Christmas cards (J noted that some of the words on my cards were not Christmas-related... well heck the sticker pack only comes with so many letters...)
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

1 comment:

..... Carmen said...

How did I miss all of these posts? Sounds like, despite some hard things, many great things also happened that week. I am sad about your birthday party though and still plan to celebrate you in some other way :)