Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Never mind the heartburn bring me the hot sauce

"You'll need to avoid caffeine, chocolate and spicy food..." said nice Dr. K at my last prenatal visit in all sincerity. This was in response to my complaining about heartburn. I had to choke back my laughing protests and nod in agreement.

Unfortunately, it's simply not possible for me to give up those things. At least one latte and a few cups of tea are required per day to help me keep up with my toddler, and the day, generally. Chocolate - let's not go there right now. And spicy food is practically all I want: I asked the waitress at Original Joe's last week if the pizza I was ordering was very spicy. She said "no don't worry it's not too spicy". So I asked if they could make it extra spicy and please bring me the hot sauce too.

Everything goes with hot sauce right now.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

1 comment:

..... Carmen said...

Ha! Funny that I read this tonight after you were given a huge basket of chocolate as a gift last night :)