Thursday, April 23, 2009

Baby inventions

As I was browsing the shelves of Bo Bebe today I noticed how many products there are, designed to make parents' lives easier: soother clips to hold pacifiers in place, funky diaper caddies to store diaper essentials, bath toy holders that suction to wall tiles, onesie extenders to prolong the life of outfits outgrown, stylish nursing covers, water spouts that deflect water from the bath tap for rinsing hair... it goes on and on and on.

I bet most of these products are designed by parents - ordinary people who at one time or another stumbled across a problem, designed a solution, and decided if they needed it, so did others.

On loan from my friend Amanda is this - the Tummy Tub. And it is a great product. Simple and effective. Oliver fits snugly inside the tub for his bedtime bath, sitting upright all the while. There's no faffing around trying to balance the baby with one hand whilst washing his body with the other.


And with all this talk of inventions, I thought this would be an opportune moment to mention my idea... A toddler's vacuum cleaner. Don't laugh, I'm completely serious! It's an awesome idea. Toddlers love pushing things around, especially when they're learning to walk - hence all the push toys on the market. Well, while they're pushing something around why not make it something that cleans up mess at the same time? If that's not helping parents out I don't know what is.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

1 comment:

..... Carmen said...

That my friend sounds like a brilliant idea! Now it just needs to be quiet enough to not freak them out, or leave some kind of trail that disappears so they can see they are being effective!