Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 2 Running

DISTANCE: to middle of the park (it's a big park I tell you!) and back
WEIGHT: a little bit more than my weight 3 years ago before babies were even hinted at
TIME: err.. about 30 minutes

Running. It's for a good cause: me. Today was the second attempt; the first was hideous. Or should I say I was hideous. I'm very out of shape. Well okay let's give me a break here, I haven't run for over a year, so what do I expect?

I like to be trim because I like nice clothes, but exercise has never been my thing. So, to get myself hyped about it, I embrace all the stuff. I bought myself a new LuluLemon running jacket, charged my i-pod, dusted off my New Balance running shoes. As I was running I was thinking about the other accessories I could get. A new cap, headband, clip to hold a water bottle, stainless steel water bottle. That's the real fun part.

The first run went like this:
run a minute, walk a minute;
run a minute, walk 2 minutes;
run 30 seconds, walk 5 minutes;
run 20 seconds, walk (okay stagger) home.

But today was much better. The air was cooler, crisper, better weather for running. I was able to run for 5 minutes, then walk for two, etc. It felt good. Plus I had Bongo with me for company. At one point we passed two girls with a ridiculously small dog and I told Bongo he had permission to eat the dog if he liked.

I'm not interesting in running marathons or anything. I just want to loose the rest of the baby weight and tone up. I want to be able to wear skimpy summer clothes and maybe even a bikini somewhere hot next year. I would, though, like to be able to run for one hour solidly without stopping. That would be just enough for me. About 10km in an hour would do nicely.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

1 comment:

..... Carmen said...

How very exciting! I know how great it feels to get outdoors again and go for a run - and I find it such a great break too, and something just for me :) Perhaps we can jog together one day!