Monday, May 11, 2009

Formula for Mother's Day success

Pampering + Alone Time = Very Happy Mother's Day (or any other day, come to think of it)

It all got off to a good start: I slept until 8:30, while J entertained the kids. I was served a latte and two small squirmy boys who snuggled with me under the duvet while I opened my gift and a card that was "signed" in red crayon by Matthew and Oliver.

Later that morning I stepped out into the sunshine, on my own. A few heavenly hours were spent sipping coffee, reading and browsing stores. Then a warm afternoon in the garden, with chalk pictures, wagon rides and ice cream.

Dinner was a tasty feast of shrimp creole, fresh salad and strawberries and mango. And, when the kids were in bed and everything was peaceful, we sat out in the garden, watching the sun go down, drinking the last of the wine.

I couldn't have asked for a better day.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

5 comments:

..... Carmen said...

That sounds like a perfect, beautiful day. I'm glad you were treated like a queen :)

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Sounds Nice! Glad you had a good Mother's Day! I pampered myself Sat. with a pedicure. And then had a nice meal/day with my Mom. Ahhh-If only everyday could be Mother's Day-Eh?!
:)

Crystall said...

Oh man! I am extremely jealous! My husband forgot my card at work on Friday and spent the whole day Sunday restaining the bookshelves from our study. So, of course, I spent the day with the three children. Then my husband moped around all afternoon and evening feeling guilty for not making my day special. I applaud your husband for the effort.

lil said...

sounds like a great mothers day!

Carolee said...

I'm glad you had a nice day- there's nothing like a little "alone time."