Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend over already?

Things that made it go by too quickly:

Cocktails
.




















Pimm's

1 part Pimm's
2 parts sprite
Ice
Lemon wedges


Good food.
















Seriously - try this recipe, it's good.

Barbecued marinated shrimp
Mix 4 crushed garlic cloves, 1 seeded and chopped small red chilli and 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and pour over raw shrimp (I had about 20). Marinade for 30 minutes.

Thread shrimp onto skewers (if they're bamboo remember to soak in water for a few hours first), sprinkle with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Serve with lime wedges.

Music that reminds me of summer.


5 Years Time (Sun Sun Sun) - Noah And The Whale

And, I received thi
s award from Kris at Hands, House and Heart Full.










Thanks Kris!

I'm supposed to name 7 things I love, and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers, but I'm just doing 5. Because 5 feels like a better number to me (plus I noticed the numbers have varied over the award's history).

5 things I love
  1. The weekend - especially when it's warm, and everyone takes their naps when they're supposed to
  2. Dancing with Matthew
  3. Oliver's crazy big smile that could make even the sourest person laugh
  4. Early afternoon cocktails
  5. Sharing delicious food with family and friends

5 great bloggers
  1. Carmen at About a girl
  2. Loukia at Lou Lou's Views
  3. Crystall at Blahbitty Blahs
  4. Ann at Ann Again.. and again
  5. Brooke at Sprouts in the House

(and, um, now you're supposed to pass it on...)
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

7 comments:

Kris said...

Those shrimp look SOOOO good!

..... Carmen said...

Ah shoot - when you told me to pop on over, and I saw the cocktail, I was pumped! Look at you eating and drinking all those tasty things I can't go near :( Hopefully you had one extra glass and a few more shrimp for both Amanda and I ;) Thank you for the blog award - I feel so loved :) Will post it up tomorrow!

Blahbitty Blahbitty Blahbitty Blah! said...

Your dinner looks great! I am afraid it really stomps my dinner by the in-laws pool- hot dogs on the grill. :) I do like a nice picnic lunch with the children (they love hot dogs anyway) but your dinner looks more my speed.
Hope you had a cocktail for me. Thanks for the award!

Loukia said...

That cocktail looks so refreshing! And thanks so much for that award! Aww! I'll be sure to post about it tomorrow! :)

Mammatalk said...

Mmmm-mmmm! Pass me a drink please!

Ann said...

I am completely honored that you would include me in this group. Thank you so much.

Now, for a nice cocktail. Cheers!

Brooke Mary Blair said...

So nice of you to include me in your group. Those cocktails look great and the shrimp, mmmm. Gotta go, my Ollie needs to go to bed. (p.s. love the use of crikey and bloody in your posts - makes me feel like heading over to a pub!)