Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You know you're sleep deprived when

You leave the house forgetting you have a kid's band-aid visibly taped to your chest.

The cashier accidentally charges you twice what your groceries actually cost and you unblinkingly hand the money over.

You pour formula powder into a bottle that already contains mixed formula.

You answer the phone by saying "hi, I was just calling to let you know...".

You drive home with your coffee cup on the roof of the car.

You turn up for your doctor's appointment a whole hour early and then stand gawking at the receptionist as if she's mad.

You try to eat a ball of cotton wool thinking it's a marshmallow. *

*I didn't actually do this, but it wouldn't be totally out of place right now. Four months and counting. Sigh.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

6 comments:

Mammatalk said...

It gets better! I called the first 6 months of my baby's life "Baby Heck" ...yeah, except I used the stronger version of Heck. And, then I did again 2 years later.

Daddy Geek Boy said...

When after eating ice cream you return the carton to the cupboard not the freezer.

(True story.)

Lady Mama said...

Baby "heck" is right Mammatalk! And it's worse when there's 2.

Daddy Geek Boy - too funny, exactly the type of thing I'm talking about.

..... Carmen said...

I think I have done almost all those things you described, in some capacity or the other. One day we will look back at these days and laugh (or that's what I tell myself!).

Amy said...

I still do some of those things and my son is almost 3. What is my excuse?

Miss Understood Mommy of 2 said...

haha i call this mommy brain!