Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hey you, I seen you before somewhere?


It's moments like this when, in the middle of all the noise, you look down and see your kids connecting, figuring each other out, and all the hard stuff - the moments of frustration when you thought about giving them back, just sort of fades away.

I took this yesterday - Matthew had just woken up from his nap and I had gingerly placed Oliver next to him in the crib, hoping they wouldn't attack each other. Watching the two of them lie quietly together sent a wave of happiness through me.

Cheaper Than Therapy

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

15 comments:

Loukia said...

Moments like those make my heart swell... nothing more precious then the cute interaction between siblings! What a great picture you captured of this moment!

Sue said...

Aww.. that's cute. That's great they can get along.

Thanks for sharing.

liliana said...

Great picture! Its nice to see siblings get along, at least for a few moments anyway. ;)

Marla said...

hold on to these moments.. they get you through those hair pulling fights they will have some days :P

Suburban Turmoil said...

Ooh, I remember these moments when my two were a little bit smaller.

And it only gets better. :)

Your children are precious.

Metropolitan Mum said...

This is too cute! Sometimes I wish I had a little video camera behind my eye to capture all those sweet little moments and preserve them forever.

ModernMom said...

That is just precious and they are SO beautiful!!

James (SeattleDad) said...

I get that wave with 1, 2 must make you want to explode.

Maternal Tales said...

What a gorgeous photo...how long did it last?!!

Lady Mama said...

Maternal Tales - about two minutes. Ha! But it was a nice two minutes!

robin said...

Oh my goodness, soooo cute!
How far apart in age are they? Looks like they're gonna be best friend for life! :)

Lady Mama said...

Robin - 19 months apart. Best friends is what I'm hoping for. :)

Momma Sunshine said...

I LOVED moments like this when my girls were little. They're 23 months apart, and there were never any "issues" between the two of them.

They're 4 and 6 years old now, and absolutely best friends. They have moments when they don't like each other a whole lot, but it only lasts a moment. I know that they couldn't (and wouldn't!) imagine life without each other... :)

Captain Dumbass said...

I've got a photo like that. Now I stare at it longingly when mine are screaming and trying to kill one another.

Dad Stuff said...

A very tender moment. I can never get my camera in time.