Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I should mention my new header...

I've been meaning to write a post about my new header. And not to mention a bunch of other posts that have been floating around the cavernous space where my brain is supposed to be (it's gone on a mini-vaca to the South of France).

But instead of writing or doing other useful things like cleaning my house, I've been at a walk-in clinic for almost FIVE HOURS today. Once for me (my doctor is out of town), and once for Oliver who fell face forward this afternoon and for a while had me thinking he'd broken his nose. Thankfully he hadn't. So relieved.

And of course during the five hours at the clinic I encountered the usual array of ill/strange folk: one peculiar looking huge man with a bandaid on his nose and a hunch back who just stared at me; one woman who burst in through the clinic door crying because she had cut her hand with a saw (um, go to emergency?); two men coughing and spluttering all over; one teenager who walked in and casually told the receptionist he thought he had swine flu. (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SILLY BOY GET AWAY FROM MY BABY)

Anyway. My new header. What do you think?

I knew, because J said he'd do it, I would like it. But when he sent me to get a Starbucks in order to get the shot he wanted for it, I knew I would love it. Did I mention J is a brilliant graphic designer? And I'm not just saying that - I've worked with many designers over the last ten years and he is one of the most talented I know.

And I think the new header is more fitting to the style of my blog. Plus it has coffee (hello my name's Sarah and I'm a coffeeholic) and a bowl of cherries - which my life totally is!
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

10 comments:

Loukia said...

I saw your new awesome header yesterday but I forgot to tell you how much I LOVED IT! I was thinking to myself, "Wow, that is sooo awesome, looks like Starbucks but her name is on it, sooo cool, who did it?" I LOVE IT, great new header!
Also, thank GOD your child did not break his nose! OMG, scary! Poor you, 5 hours, huh?

Crystall said...

Yes, I agree with Loukia: the header is great! I have been looking to find a nice picture to use as a header but have not found or taken the right one. Maybe one day. But, back to you...I am jealous. It's perfect.
Glad your son did not break his nose. I bet that was a nightmare.

JulieChats said...

Love your header! And speaking of headers, hope the baby is ok! And...the guy w/the bandaid was staring at YOU????

Stopping by late from VGNO!

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

Being a Starbucks latte lover, I will give your header my stamp of approval. Looks fantastic!

Mwa said...

Glad that nose was not broken - and very cool header.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Mentioned it before, but love the header.

And those people at the clinic. Ewww...

Lady Mama said...

Thanks for all the nice feedback! :)

Canadian Bald Guy said...

Yeah...I really like the new header, too (though I'm a bit late to the party).

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

I LOVE THE NEW HEADER!

I'll join you at a coffeeholics anonymous meeting anytime!

Mammatalk said...

Love the new look.