Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Proudly Canadian... well nearly


Dear government of Canada,
I was kinda hoping that, instead of having to do the whole citizenship application and then take that test - you know the one where I'll be expected to answer all kinds of questions on Canadian history and politics, for which (blush) I probably have no answers, that this picture might do instead? See I look quite Canadian eh? I also drink Molson and eat Tim Hortons doughnuts like they're going out of style. And, and I can sing the Canadian National Anthem. Okay that's a lie but I do think Mounties are hot.
Yours sincerely, Lady Mama.

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

6 comments:

Loukia said...

Dear Lady Mama:

PASS! You are now a Canadian. (But only because you look so cute wearing moose ears).

;)

Blahbitty Blahbitty Blahbitty Blah! said...

HA! Oh, you definitely pass. Is it cool there to have those Moose ears? It reminds me of how it is only cool to wear Mickey ears at Disney.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Ha! I need to send the same message to the Can Gov't because my Permanent Residency Card expires in a couple of years and I guess I have to either renew it or apply for citizenship at that point. Honestly, I have no clue what I'm supposed to do! But like you said, I don't have the foggiest scrap of information in my little head about Canadian history. But I do like Kokanee beer, I love hockey... especially the Canucks! I love me some Tim Horton's (although I still prefer Starbucks) and I CAN sing the anthem!

Lady Mama said...

Loukia, thanks! You work for the government, right? So that means it's official then? Yippee!

Crystall - no definitely NOT cool to wear the antlers. I was at a cheesy Canadian restaurant when my brother was visiting a while back and the person behind me was wearing them (it just looks like I am).

PDM - Oops I didn't even think about the fact that my residency card might expire soon... I should check that out.

ModernMom said...

Gee. You sound Canadian enough for me! Just throw in a couple of ehs? and your all set.

Good luck from a fellow Canadian!

Blahbitty Blahbitty Blahbitty Blah! said...

Oh my gosh! I just realized that you were NOT the one wearing those ears. Funny! See how observant I am for missing that the first time around?