Thursday, July 23, 2009

Reasons to buy more kid stuff: Road Trip

So I don't usually do this - talk about products on here - but screw it I'm going to today. Not because I'm being paid or given any kind of incentive, but because quite simply I'm a huge sucker for cool baby gear. And because yesterday I caught the end of a TV show on travel gear for kids and was so mesmerized by the feeling of potential consumer happiness that could be had through the acquiring of these products, I felt compelled to blog about it.

I love anything that makes life easier for us parents. And although we're not taking a vacation this summer (the thought of it ages me slightly) I can still fantasize about future trips with all the fun, colourful things that will make me feel like the super-organized mum I'm not.

Pop-A-Tot
I love the jumparoo (cross between an exersaucer and a jolly jumper). Matthew used it every day and now Oliver uses it. On the occasion I need to contain him while I'm occupied with something else, it's perfect. He's entertained and safely penned in. This Pop-A-Tot is basically a portable exersaucer. So if you're camping or whatever, you can fold this up, stick it in the car and use it on your vacation as you would at home. Hurray for contained babies.
www.starbrightforkids.ca



Dripstick
This is the kind of product that I whoop over and then J asks me what's so great and I explain, and then he asks again what's so great? It's bloody good I tell you! One end holds a popsicle, the other an ice cream. Because anyone who's ever given a two-year old a popsicle knows where it ends up. All over himself / the living room / the dog / the baby.
www.starbrightforkids.ca



MediBuddy
I like this because it has all the first-aid type equipment you might need for your little one, all nicely contained in fun packaging.
www.cheekymonkey.ca


Head Snuggler

When Matthew was a baby, we encountered severe RHS (Rolly-Head Syndrome) (I made that up. It's not a real syndrome). You know - where your baby falls asleep in the car and his head rolls forward and suddenly you're frantically looking over your shoulder thinking they might suffocate? The Head Snuggler basically holds their head in place. Cool.
www.starbrightforkids.ca



RazPak
It's a snack pack with 3 different compartments. 1 for mummy's wine gums. 1 for mummy's M&Ms. 1 for mummy's Swedish Berries. Or you could put some treats for your kids in there I guess.
www.kidsmartshop.com





52 Travel Activity Kit
A pack of colouring pens, paper, and basically stuff that will distract them for at least twelve minutes of that eight-hour road trip. But still twelve minutes is twelve minutes!
www.amazon.com

Cars Cold Pack
I could hardly leave this out now could I?
www.starbrightforkids.ca


Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

12 comments:

Mommy Bear said...

Great finds. I like the RazPak.

Loukia said...

Oh my God, you have totally made me want to go shopping, now! I love the Pop-A-Tot! WOW! That would be great to have if we ever have a 3rd child!
Dripstick is awesome, too! And I so want to buy those RazPak's! How fun! Great post!

Crystall said...

Wow. I wonder if the Dripstick works? Looks cool. We have the Cars cold pack--and a few others. Nemo, another Nemo....Cars....some blue face--none of them have touched my children's booboos for more than a nanosecond. Although the cold packs are probably quite soothing, in the heat of an injury, (screaming, snot, etc) I can't seem to get my children to let me put the darn things on their new booboo. So, they still sit....bearly used, stuck to the bottom of our freezer.

Schmoochiepoo said...

Cool stuff!

I must be the meanest mom ever cause all my kid gets on road trips is a water bottle filled with Benadryl to make him sleepy

j/k!

Lizzie said...

oh i like the MediBuddy, cool idea! hope you have a wonderful weekend :) love your blog!

Lizzie said...

i LOVE THIS!!!! thanks girly for sharing :)

Carolee / Home4ever said...

Cool stuff!

Happy VGNO!

Melinda said...

Aaah... cute products! Mine are 9 and 12 now so those days are gone for me, but it brings back good memories of all that baby/toddler stuff. It went by so fast! ;0)

Happy VGNO!

Aubrey said...

Oh how neat! I have a little one that would love each and every one of those!

Coming over from SITS with a Hello and big WELCOME!!

Yaya said...

What cool products!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Happy Sunday! I am making way through all of the comments I received when I was featured on SITS. It really is a great SITSahood.
Thank you so much for visiting me and have a blessed day!

Rebecca Welch said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

That pop-a-tot looks downright scary!!! lol