In the warm, comfortable enclosure of the car, where the kids are safely strapped into their seats without any hope of escape, I can withdraw money from the bank, buy a coffee or pick up a snack. And on those occasions when I simply must get out of the house regardless of where, I just load everyone into the car, get my drive-through coffee and drive around for as long as I need to. Sometimes it's almost peaceful. Almost.
Often when I'm there I catch sight of other moms doing the same - their vehicles also stuffed with young kids, just trying to sneak a few moments of serenity.
So okay I realize drive-throughs are not exactly great for the environment, but let's say by some miraculous turn of events they were. Then I would want more things to be drive-through. Because then I could do all my errands from the window of my car. Here's my wishlist:
- Drive-through magazines
- Drive-through baby supplies
- Drive-through DVD rental
- Drive-through liquor store (someone is going to tell me one of these exists already I bet)
- Drive-through manicure and pedicure (the pedi could be a little awkward..)
- Drive-through pet grooming (small pets only, sorry Bongo)
- Drive-through dry-cleaning
- Drive-through computer repair (Mac Geniuses in a booth. Much better)
- Drive-through recycling
- Drive-through travel agent
- Drive-through meditation ("omm... omm...okay we're done off we go")