Monday, August 3, 2009

Fun stuff: Blama Tara Meme

I've been tagged by That Girl, to play along with the Blame Tara Meme.

Who Is The Hottest Movie Star?

I'm particularly lame at remembering movies and movie stars. So lame, in fact, that I typed "hottest male movie star" into Google for inspiration. Yes, I googled! Okay, alright, so... hottest, hottest, hottest... Well, I have a "thing" for Christian Bale. Josh Holloway from Lost is hot. I like Johnny Depp. And as ladies go I think Scarlett Johansson is pretty hot (but don't tell my husband).

Apart From Your House And Your Car, What's The Most Expensive Item You've Ever Bought?

Just indulge me for a moment would you? My Manolo Blahniks collection! Okay I lie. Sadly there's not a Manolo in sight. I think the most expensive thing I've bought is, wait for it - a furnace. An ugly, high-efficiency furnace. Yup.

What's Your Most Treasured Memory?

There are many many happy childhood memories (I'd need a whole post for them), but as an adult one of my happiest times was the day J proposed to me. It was Christmas day 2002 and we were on holiday in Canada. I was presented with a stunning diamond ring in bed that morning, and later we went for a walk in a park with a frozen waterfall.

What Was The Best Gift You Ever Received As A Child?

A five-story Barbie house. Barbie particularly enjoyed riding the elevator all five stories with Ken (who, for some reason was often half-clothed!), and drinking cocktails up on the roof terrace with her Barbie pals.

What's The Biggest Mistake You've Made?

Ack. I don't believe in dwelling on mistakes too much - because really what's the point? But okay if you really want one, I dated a complete douche bag of a boy for three years. Three years of my life that I will never get back. Gawd.

Four Words To Describe Yourself

Passionate, energetic, generous, suspicious.

What Was Your Highlight Or Lowlight Of 2008?

The highlight was probably the day we bid farewell to Matthew's head-shaping helmet. He had to wear the "band" for 23 hours a day for three whole months. Even though he looked ultra cute in it, it's not an experience I'd want to repeat.

Favourite Film?

Amelie. And The Godfather. And about two hundred others. I mean who has just one favourite film?

Tell Me One Thing I Don't Know About You

I sang in the London Philharmonic Choir for five years and performed at some really wonderful venues including the Royal Albert Hall, the Royal Festival Hall, St Paul's Cathedral and a Basillica in Krakow.

If You Were A Comic Book/Strip Or Cartoon Character, Who Would You Be?

Definitely, without doubt, She-ra! Because, obviously I look like her, and I'm incredibly strong (I can hold a baby while opening a can of beans), and I totally make flames appear when I'm mad.




If you find yourself in the mood for a meme, feel free to play along too. And let me know so that I can come over and gawk at your answers.

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

8 comments:

Loukia said...

Yay! Loved reading these! I love She-Ra too!!! I LOVED her when I was a little girl! And that is amazing about your singing! You must have such a lovely voice!

..... Carmen said...

This was a fun read :) Perhaps I'll play along later on this week!

Theta Mom said...

Great meme, this was a fun read! Just found your blog through Modern Mom, it's great. I am your most recent follower. :)

Chic Mama said...

Oooo- I'm so envious you had a Barbie house. And the singing- what a fantastic thing to have done. :0)

Ann said...

Oh! These are great answers! You're so cool.

I haven't seen Amelie, but just about every young, hip mom in Portland has her hairstyle. I'm going to rent it just because it's one of your favorites. (I've been meaning to see it.)

I'm looking forward to it!

Have a great day She-ra ;->

bluecottonmemory said...

Q&As are always fun. I consider myself an information gatherer-my boys say I'm nosy because I'm interested in their life.

I am interested in seeing Julie/Julia this weekend, though.:)

James (SeattleDad) said...

If I were hubby, I would want to know that about Scarlet. LOL.

I spent 7 years with a total loser of a woman, including 2 years of wedded nightmare. That was long ago and I have been with my sweet Mrs. LIAYF for 13 wonderful years now.

Lady Mama said...

Loukia - haha I loved She-ra when I was a girl too. And yes, the singing voice, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's good...

Carmen - I'll look forward to seeing your answers!

Chic Mama - yes I was pretty popular with the barbie house.

Ann - thanks, you're sweet! Definitely see Amelie and let me know what you thought.

bluecottonmemory - thanks for dropping by! Yes I'm a pretty good information gatherer myself.

SeattleDad - ha! I'll tell hubby and see if his eyes pop out of his head.