Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby faces

Our baby is nine months. It's such an enjoyable time - this transformation from infant to toddler, in which he's eager to move, exploring every corner of the house, learning so fast I can hardly catch my breath. We've made it through the difficult early months and emerged at the other end (alive). Six teeth are through. The nights are better. A routine is in place for eating, napping, bathing, playing.



And we could never, ever have anticipated this child who's rarely still for more than a second, already climbing onto furniture, tugging at sleeves and pants, grabbing objects at every chance, lunging forward fearless and with no regard for where he might land, chuckling sweetly all the while. His energy and luminosity is contagious. His smile is so wide, so bright, it's almost alarming.


There's no better thing in life than his brother. With a glint of determination in his eye, he'll propel himself across the room, over toys, over dog, over whatever is in the way, to get to Matthew. To be a part of whatever he's doing.


And on his face, a twinkle, a spark, a look of mischief that's always present. Something that suggests he's in the throws of something. Good, bad, trouble - something.



Rarely stationary. Which, though he seems to love the camera, can make picture taking a challenge.


God I love this boy.



Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

11 comments:

Insomniac Mummy said...

What a beautiful post.

:)

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

I love all the pictures of your beautiful boy. Great Post!!

wherewiller said...

Sounds just like my boys :)

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I have the same issues with picture taking. So I just think that while it's annoying that I don't have lots of beautiful family pictures (or even one) and very few of those mommy blogger/photographer caliber shots to show off online, the ones that do come out well - the surprise pictures that I lucked into - are even more special. At the very least I don't kill myself deciding on which ones to frame.

He is adorable!

Elaine A. said...

He's darn cute, that's for sure! Happy 9 months!

James (SeattleDad) said...

That is one good looking little guy. Happy 9 months.

Lady Mama said...

Thanks everyone!

Kate - I agree, I actually like the slightly odd shots I end up getting, rather than the perfectly-posed shots.

James - he takes after his mum ;)

Midwest Mommy said...

Great post! He's a cutie.

..... Carmen said...

Hard to believe he's already nine months. It was a joy to see him crawling this morning, but I did think "Gosh she's got her hands busy now!" :) I also love how he always finds his way to a coffee cup :)

Lil said...

Very cute pics!

Perfectly Happy Mum said...

That's such a beautiful post! He will love reading this later :)