Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Monster and the Skunk

One Halloween night, a skunk and a monster got dressed to go Trick or Treating for the first time.

At first the monster was not impressed with the lurid green outfit his mother had chosen for him. He roared at her in protest as she tried to wrestle the costume onto his body. In the end an agreement was reached, whereby the monster would receive candy before dinner in exchange for putting on the costume.

The skunk and the monster set off down the road, ringing the neighbour's bells and yelling "Twick or Tweet!".

The monster was not yet versed in Halloween candy collecting etiquette, and so at each house, he shoved his paw into the bowls of goodies asking "Nother one?" and "More?" while his parents hastily told him "Just one candy sweetie!"

The monster thanked the candy givers and then added "You're welcome." for extra politeness.

By the time the monster and the skunk arrived back home, their loot was overflowing with chocolatey goodness.

And so no dinner was had.

And later, while the wild animals slept peacefully in their beds, their evil parents ate all their candy and cackled to themselves. (Just kidding, we left them some.)



Happy Halloween.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

11 comments:

..... Carmen said...

The boys look so great and so do your pumpkins!

JulieChats said...

OK, I just laughed out loud at the monster costume! My little guy was a red electric guitar to his big sister's rockstar witch...she's dreading the days when he wants to pick his OWN costume!

Just stopping by late to say Happy Halloween, Happy VGNO & SO Happy my DUCKS beat USC!!! :)

Stop by & check out my last Layout of the Week http://juliechats.blogspot.com

ModernMom said...

Ohhh too cute! (and glad to hear I'm not the only Mama who raids that candy bowl the second my little ones are asleep!)

Lil said...

LOL So far I have stayed out of Lexi's candy, for now (until mommy's candy runs out).;)
Love the costumes and the pumpkins.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Awwww! Those are the cutest monster and skunk I've ever seen! ;)

And the pumpkins are very cool! :)

Tiffany said...

so cute! my dauhter didn't want to wear her costume at first either (ladybug) and kept yelling 'take off. take off!' she's two so we ate her candy...we ate all of it. we're terrible.

Brit in Bosnia / Fraught Mummy said...

i once ate ALL of my boy's Easter chocolate. What can I say? I was breastfeeding a new born. It was 3.30am, I'd been up for a long time and I was STARVING.

He's never forgotton it though...

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

How cute! I love those costumes! Is it weird to say that you and the skunk look soooo much alike? You know I mean the gorgeous little guy in the costume, right?
Great jack-o-lanterns, too!

Loukia said...

I love the pictures... sooooo cute! You all look adorable!

James (SeattleDad) said...

Adorable costumes. I bet they scored with the treats.

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

Sweet costumes!! And you look LOVELY!! Glad you enjoyed your Halloween.