Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dear online thingies, I hate you I love you

Dear Twitter, please stop asking me to make lists. I don't understand why I need them. I don't have the energy to find out why I need them. I only just about made it onto Twitter in the first place. Please just let me Tweet in my own basic way in peace.

Dear Facebook, please stop telling me to poke people. I'll poke who I want, when I want. And by the way, when did you become so irritating?

Dear Google, please stop with the Waving. If I want to wave at someone, I'll wait for the mail man and wave at him from my window in my pajamas, even if it does scare the living crap out of him. In the mean time I'm happy not waving. And what the hell is Waving anyway?

Dear makers of the Cadbury TV ad with the eyebrow twitching kids - what the hell were you thinking? I thought the days of cocaine inspired commercials were left behind in the nineties? I think my feelings on the absurdity of this ad may generate a whole other post. But really, it's a royal pain in the ass to have to switch channels every time my eyeballs are assaulted by this atrocity.

Dear Lost, hurry up and be on already.

Dear Firefox, why does everything seem so difficult with you? I ask you to do one simple web manoeuvre and you're all "Oh I don't feel like it today. I'm a bit under the weather. I think I'll just take a break and have a cup of cocoa". That's it. I've had it. I'm defecting to Safari.

Dear Apple, I still love you. Don't worry, I will never defect to the dark side.



Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

13 comments:

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

You are so right on!
I HATE that eyebrow commercial - who approved that??? It is the most annoying thing on television right now.

I wish I had a MAC laptop (Do you hear me husband? Xmas is coming and I wish I had a MAC!!)

Very Bored Housewife said...

I am so with you on all fronts, except maybe the Cadbury's one which does still make me smirk, sorry.

As for twitter lists - what is that all about???

Juli Ryan said...

I can't figure out the Twitter lists either. It just seems like one more thing that I'm not getting done. And I don't even know what the Google Wave is. Is this a sign of aging? That I can't keep up any more? (sigh)

Hot Cross Mum said...

Here here! Well said - especially on that hideous advert with the nauseating kids - I literally have to leave the room! I, too, have no idea what waving, lists etc are. Glad I'm not the only member of the resistance!

Loukia said...

Haha! Seriously! I so cannot be bothered to make my own lists... even though I do like it when someone else puts me on their list! :)

Loukia said...

Haha! Seriously! I so cannot be bothered to make my own lists... even though I do like it when someone else puts me on their list! :)

Sparkless said...

I must be living on another planet cause I have no idea what you are talking about other than the Cadbury commercial thing. I am on Facebook and Twitter but I forgot my password on Twitter and really can't be bothered to tweet. What is the point? Do people really need to know what I think or am doing every second? I don't get it.
And Facebook drives me nuts. The only reason I ever go on there is to look at pictures from my friends. The rest of the stuff is fluff to me.

jenie said...

haha! that was nice-read!

am dropping by from Anne's VGNO and im glad to be here.

see you around?
hope u visit my blogs too
life round me N you
earthy me
at-a-blink
heartQUAKES

Ann said...

I'm with you!!!

What a great list. Oops. I mean, post ;->

Tara said...

Haha! Good one. Totally spot on.

Yaya said...

"poke", hahahaha!

Mom Mayhem says: said...

LOL! I know what you mean even though I don't tweet-etc.yet -It is REALLY annoying since FB made their changes and now it's telling me to poke people!

James (SeattleDad) said...

You are on one of my lists. I was feeling inspired.

Lost? Yes, hurry it up.