Monday, November 30, 2009

Lovely day for pulling staples out the floor.

1 - litres of coca cola consumed by yours truly today.

1.5 - bars of chocolate eaten (so far).

2 - splinters in my hand that I'm too tired to remove.

3 - times I thought about opening the wine in the fridge and realized it wasn't even 2 pm. yet.

4 - mentions to J that there will be no more renovations ever again. Ever.

5 - unsuccessful attempts at sitting down. Haha. Yeah, no.

6 - times I tried to open the fridge and was instead swiping the air because it wasn't there.

7 - times I tried to open the dishwasher and was instead swiping the air because it wasn't there.

8 - desperate efforts to remove dust particles by vacuuming the air.

9 - occasions I discovered Oliver trying to eat things off the floor in the nick of time.

10 - hours until we start all over again.

12 - times I tripped over the dog who made it his goal to always be in my path today.

15 - drawers I personally removed and carried downstairs.

68 - staples I pulled from the floor. Yeah that's a nice job.

0 - number of times I plan on renovating again in the near future.


Someone please tell me something nice that happened to them today?
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

7 comments:

liliana said...

I could almost hear the Christmas music in the background while reading your blog. Just thing of the end result, it will all be done soon. And like child birth the memory of the pain will fade and you will want to do it again..or maybe not. ;)

Very Bored Housewife said...

Ooh sounds like hell, find the fridge and open the wine!

Chic Mama said...

Deep breath.....it will be over and forgotten very soon.Good luck

Mwa said...

Maybe not too deep a breath, what with all the dust around. x

Loukia said...

Haha! 6 and 7 are hilarious... and number 9 happens to me ALL.THE.TIME! Good luck. I hope you got to that bottle of wine... ;)

Heather said...

Gah, i hope you find the frisge and the wine it has inside it! Sounds like you deserve a glass or three

James (SeattleDad) said...

Pulling out carpet staples is the Devils work. I would sell my cats not ever have to do that again.