Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembering them

I love these old photographs of my grandparents, taken during the war (WWII).

My Grandfather. Unfortunately I never met him, but I've heard
he was a wonderful man. I just know that I would have loved him lots.


Nana and Granddad on their wedding day.
I still miss you and think of you every day Nana. x


My Grandfather in Italy, 1946.


Marching Wrens (where my Nana served).



Today I remember those I knew and those I did not and those who died sacrificing their lives for our freedom.

You are not and never will be forgotten.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

8 comments:

mitch1066 said...

love the pictures!Heres my grandparents http://fibrocraft.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-grandfather.html

wherewiller said...

My grandmother was a Wren too!

Elisa, The Unlikely Housewife said...

wow, those are awesome photos! Your Nana and granpa look awesome in their wedding photo. Military is very trendy this year ;-)

I would love to have photos like that! I miss my own nana very very much :-(

Karen @ If I Could Escape . . . said...

Those are great photographs.

Loukia said...

Lovely photos. Beautifully written. Lest we forget...

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Those pictures are AMAZING! Love the tribute.

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

I love old photos. I can't stop staring at some of my parent's old photos. Wonderful way to memoralize them.

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

these are amazing! You are so lucky to have the pictures to remind you of them, even if they can't be with you!