Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary Sweetie

To J,

It feels as though there've been few moments to stop and think and breathe in the nine years we've been together, six married. Moving flats every six months in London. Getting married. Moving to Canada. Two babies. A dog. A lot.

And yet still we can talk about the banalest of every day things, and listen to each other's complaints, and laugh at what might otherwise drive a person to insanity.

Your first words to me, back in 2000 at university, were something to do with informing me I was mounting my presentation poster the wrong way up. And honestly? I thought to myself, arrogant. But hot. I never imagined I'd be spending my life with you, all the way over here on the other side of the world, with our own little family.

You make me happy.

And yes, we both suck for forgetting our anniversary this morning until I opened a card my Mum had sent in the mail. That's okay.

Love you.

p.s. I'm pregnant again. Just kidding. Ha.


Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Awwwwwwwww... I especially love the wedding pic!! :)

Jules said...

Happy Anniversary!! That's a lot to happen in 9 years....

Badass Geek said...

Happy Anniversary. =)

Loukia said...

You two are so cute!!!! Happy Anniversary to you both, and many, many more! xo

J said...

Was that yesterday?

Love you x

Mwa said...

Happy Anniversary!

(We actually often remember a couple of weeks later - you're not doing too bad.)

Nap Warden said...

Happy Anniversary!

We have forgotten ours from time to time...it happens;)

Elaine A. said...

Happy, happy Anniversary!! Here's to MANY more.

Love you two in your 'Cowboy' hats! : )

James (SeattleDad) said...

Very nice. Happy Anniversary to you both.

Amanda said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!!! Your post gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, nicely written. :-)