Friday, December 4, 2009

Just to prove I'm still alive. And some pictures.

Several times this week I sat down to write a post and failed to stay awake long enough to write anything remotely readable. And after another long day, I'm exhausted again tonight. So here's a brief summary of the best parts of this week.

I'm not sure which I liked the most...

The part where our kitchen was torn up and turned into a pile of jagged concrete rubble that filled the house with dust...


Or the part where we lugged our belongings downstairs and crammed them into every free space...


Or the part where I arrived home at 6 o'clock each night after a very, very - I repeat very long day with the boys, to find random tools, bits of floor, bits of carpet, bits of garbage, everywhere...


Or the evenings where we put the kids to bed and then continued moving furniture, ripping out carpet and baseboards and clearing up until finally collapsing onto a mattress on the floor...

Or this morning, when the snow began trickling from the Alberta sky like delicate white sprinkles and within thirty minutes turned to a full-on ohmygodwereallgoingtodie blizzard that we spent most of the day avoiding.


I promise to be back to normal next week, with pictures of the new floor.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

10 comments:

Loukia said...

Oh my gosh... I feel for you, mama... I really, really do.

Midwest Mommy said...

Wow! And when is the timeline ending for this?

Lady Mama said...

Midwest Mommy - Tomorrow! Back to normal next week thankfully.

Heather said...

urgh, i feel for you, really.

Jules said...

Wow, what a project, I'm sure it will be worth it when it's done. It always is.

It snowed all day yesterday here in Wisconsin too.

Mwa said...

If you weren't redoing your house, that blizzard would be such fun! The picture looks beautiful.

Lady Mama said...

Loukia - Thanks lady.

Heather - Thanks. It'll be over soon.

Jules - It will definitely be worth it - that's what I'm clinging to.

Mwa - The blizzard would be fun if we could be indoors with hot chocolate and Christmas movies.

James (SeattleDad) said...

I feel for you. Really do, as that has been our life for the past nearly 6 months.

Good luck getting it done soon.

Mammatalk said...

Wow. You have your hands full. Can't wait to see the new floor!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Ohhhhh...the torn up mess with all the tools and garbage - cannot be fun. This will all be a faint memory once it's done and you can finally relax with the floors finished! Can't wait to see the pics! :)