Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last minute gifts for Christmas procrastinators (like me).

Eight days to Christmas. Last night as I did some (almost) final Christmas shopping, I noted the throngs of semi-panicky shoppers dashing from store to store with the frenzied look of those who leave things to the last minute.

Christmas sort of crept up on me this year. Wait, that makes me sound like I'm usually organized - let me rephrase that: Christmas creeps up on me every year. I'm totally the person scampering around in the days leading up to Christmas in a last ditch attempt to find everything on my list.

So, for those of you who, like me, are incapable of being organized enough to have already completed your holiday shopping, I've compiled a few ideas for you.

For book lovers: These new clothbound classics by Penguin are to die for and make stunning gifts.


For gadget people: The Kindle. I don't like it. But it's gadgety and new and someone you know probably will.

For babies and toddlers: As much as I love new toys, I chose a few oldies this year too. At a local store I found a spinning top and a kaleidoscope. Remember those? Simple and classic.



For kids: I bought this for my son for Christmas - Where The Wild Things Are. It's a classic. And now there are cool new soft toys to go with the book.

For game geeks: The New Rubik's cube. Except it's not a cube, it's a sphere. Looks impossible but attractive all the same.


For telly addicts: You just know you'll be singing along in the car. The Glee soundtrack.


For foodies: Not as expensive as a proper Le Creuset one, but this blue casserole pot from Ikea is delicious. Or, whatever is cooked in it will be.


Voila.


I was not compensated for mentioning any of the above products.

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

13 comments:

Captain Dumbass said...

That's a pretty good list. I don't like the Kindle either. A book will never run out of batteries and it doesn't produce any radioactivity.

Jules said...

I just finished up shopping yesterday. Yahoo....
I did buy the Kindle, for my husband. He is a huge reader and I think he'll love it.

Mwa said...

Ooh, lovely! First you scared me because I didn't realise Christmas was that close by. And then you gave me those pretty Penguin books. Those are definitely worth another look.

Heather said...

oh, i love thos books. i would just sit stroking them all day.

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

Great LIST!!!

Lady Mama said...

CD - Plus also, once you've purchased a book, a publisher can't decide to take it back!

Jules - Hope he likes it.

Mwa - Aren't they pretty? I want them all.

Heather - Yes exactly.

Maria - Thanks. :)

Metropolitan Mum said...

Funny. We'll get the Kindle for my brother in law and have got little L the spinning top.

..... Carmen said...

That's a great list Sarah :) I personally love the cloth books, and the book choice for Matthew. I have to admit, I was given a Le Creuset for Christmas one year and have only use it once (blush). What DO I cook in that thing that weighs more than a toddler?

Loukia said...

Nice! I love the books and the casserole dish. :) I'm totally not prepared for Christmas either!

Nap Warden said...

Yeah...you had me at Glee soundtrack:)

Kate Coveny Hood said...

LOVE the classics collection. Don't think I can go there with the Kindle though. The only way that I would find it necessary is if I travelled constantly and wanted to bring more than one book with me.

mo.stoneskin said...

The problem with those cloth-bound covers is that they actually tempt me to buy copies of books I ALREADY OWN simply for the cover. Dammit. And my stupid OCD/freaky mind makes me want to have a consistent library so that ALL MY BOOKS have the same beautiful covers...

...maddening...

...they just look so beautiful!!!

ModernMom said...

Oh how I loved every single episode of Glee!