Thursday, December 31, 2009

My favourite things 2009 (Julie Andrews style)

Babies born quickly on white wintry mornings
Finally snoozing just as the sun's dawning
Extra large sweaters and stretch marks that zing
These are a few of my favourite things

Feeding the baby while stirring a meat stew
Unraveled loo rolls and chewing on soft shoes
Waiting for winter to turn into Spring
These are a few of my favourite things

Day trips to beaches and car entertainment
Keys left in door locks and and sleepless derangement
Babies that wriggle and giggle and sing
These are a few of my favourite things

When the dog barks
When the baby cries
When I'm feeling incredibly crap
I simply remember my favourite things
And then I don't feel so bad
~
Brothers discovering friendships and clashes
Dog hair that stays on my nose and eye lashes
Friends who bring lattes and cookies and hugs
These are a few of my favorite things


Chatterbox toddlers who mix up their phrases
Tricking and treating for chocolatey faces
Taking a walk through the gold autumn leaves
These are a few of my favorite things


When the baby bites
When the garbage overflows
When I'm feeling bloody awful
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

~

WISHING YOU A HAPPY 2010!

~

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

13 comments:

Loukia said...

Congratulations on writing the best post of 2009!! this was brilliant!!! I loved it, way to go! Happy 2010 to your gorgeous family!!

wherewiller said...

This is wonderful! Well done!

Midwest Mommy said...

I love this! Happy New Year!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I LOVE it! Genius! :)

Happy New Year - looking forward to reading more of your favorite things in 2010! ;)

Barb said...

Just came over from Scary Mommy ~ wonderful post. I sang all the way through.
Happy New Year!

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

That was beyond entertaining!!! I wish you all a very happy and healthy 2010!!

Crystall said...

Great job with that! We love that song and that movie. Wonderful wishes for a great new year with even more fun! Can it be possible?
~Crystall
http://blahbittyblahs.blogspot.com

Elaine A. said...

This is awesome. I kinda wish I could hear you actually sing it. ;-)

Happy New Year - so glad I found your blog in 2009 - here's to a fabulous 2010!

diney said...

I really loved that - thank you! Happy new year.x

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

Awesome - you clever girl!
Cute pictures, too...Happy New Year to you and the cuties!

Nick the neighbour said...

Beautiful!

Captain Dumbass said...

Happy New Year, Lady Mama. Rogers and Hammerstein would be proud.

Metropolitan Mum said...

What a cool post! Hope your NYE was brilliant! xx MM