Monday, January 25, 2010

What do I know anyway?

Driving in the car.

Me: Look, Matthew! Over there - there's a digger!

Matthew: No Mama. That a forkif (forklift) truck.

Me: Oh. Right. Sorry.

~

Playing at home.

Me: Here's your truck Matthew.

Matthew: That not a truck, Mama. That a dump truck.

Me: Oh.

Matthew: See Mama? (demonstrates truck dumping a rock onto floor)

Me: Oh yes I see now!

~

Watching Mighty Machines DVD.

Matthew: Wook Mama! Wook!

Me: Wow! Is that a smoke stack?

Matthew: No Mama. That a snoke snack!

Me. Oooh. Okay. (chuckling)
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

9 comments:

Midwest Mommy said...

Too cute! My daughter is in phase too where I know nothing and she knows everything.

melissa said...

so cute! thanks for the laugh this morning. i needed it!!

Sarcastica said...

So adorable! heh. I can't wait for that stage! Although my 9 month old has *already* perfected the "you don't know anything" look. And I'm not entirely sure HOW that's possible either!

James (SeattleDad) said...

Aren't they fun at this age? And experts on Twucks too!

Metropolitan Mum said...

Forkif? Too cute! Little L mastered Mama and Bappa so far. I am looking forward, but at the same time I am scared. My husband's first word was Mazda. Can you imagine...

Daddy Geek Boy said...

I have had to become an expert on all sorts of trucks, diggers, tractors, backhoes, dump trucks, forklifts, garbage trucks, semi haulers, excavators, giant excavators, threshers, delivery trucks and pickups.

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

Never get between a boy and his trucks. Love these little conversations - you never know what they're going to say.

..... Carmen said...

That made me chuckle :)

MommaKiss said...

Mighty Machines is like baby crack for my kids. I love it.