Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What's so flippin' interesting about the contents of my diaper bag?

Um... actually not a lot. But I'm going to share it anyway. 'Cause I'm nice like that.

I bought this diaper bag just before Oliver was born a year ago. Not because it was the most stylish one available, but because of the size and the amount of pockets. (I actually just wrote that. The shame.) And the fact that the exterior is wipeable (I've bloody had it.). I knew, with two kids in diapers, I'd be packing the kitchen sink and its contents for a simple jaunt to the store.



As I stuffed the last few things into it this morning before heading off to nursery school with the boys, I took a step back and observed the demented mass of objects causing the shiny green bag to bulge awkwardly. What the hell did I put in there? I wondered, genuinely confused.

Then, in my sleep-deprived, deranged state, I thought, oh! oh! this would make a good blog post: "what's in my diaper bag"! Yah!

Anyway. This is, apparently, what I deemed necessary to bring with me this morning for a three-hour play session.


Doesn't actually look all that bad laid out neatly on the floor... of course I left out the grungy, food-encrusted bibs, snotty tissues and half-eaten cookies.

Also, I'm snoopy, so if anyone else is stuck for a blog idea - I'd love to see what's in yours.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

10 comments:

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

I SO don't miss carrying around a diaper bag anymore. I would share mine, but alas, I am finally free !!

Mwa said...

Looks just like mine did, but my youngest is two now, so I just stuff a couple of nappies in my handbag and go. Oh, and wipes and biscuits. And the odd toy. Wait a second... I think my handbag has turned into a nappy bag.

Loukia said...

I so need to do a post about the horrific contents of my diaper bag! It's like, 500 pounds, I tell you! Your bag is so pretty. I love the green! And your stuff looks so neat. Mine is a disaster! Maybe I will blog about it. Egad!

..... Carmen said...

I am impressed with the hairbrush. Do you really brush your hair while out with the boys?

Lady Mama said...

Yes, sad but true Carmen. Sometimes it's so thick and unruly I need a brush to tame it!

Angela said...

Thankfully, I don't need one anymore, but in addition to your contents, I always had tampons (!) and at least two epi-pens (nut allergy). Also, usually a baggie or two with wet facecloths - handier to wipe their faces than wipes, which can be irritating on the sensitive facial skin. Oh, and Band-aids and dark coloured socks (for those indoor playground type places where they have to wear socks, and white socks get filthy!). Throw in a bottle of water for me too and my GOLLA cell phone case (in case I have no pockets and I want to clip it to a belt loops). Maybe a couple of elastics bands for my unruly hair too.

Gosh, I could go on and on, I think.

Lady Mama said...

Angela, I think your diaper bag would make a far more interesting post!

Elaine A. said...

All this did was make me miss my Kirkland wipes. Damn Costco-less town!!!!!!

Village Bloggers: said...

LOL, I know the feeling. Actually I was just complaining to my hubby about being stuck for a blog idea. So I'll take your suggestion and share what I've got in mine. I'll post it tomorrow morning. Cheers!

www.morethanavillageblog.com

MommaKiss said...

no way in heck would i dump out my diaper bag OR my purse. wait - maybe my purse. it's very clean and full of sharpies. yes, the pens. i have an issue.