Ever feel like you're wading in the ocean, struggling to keep your head above water because you're being pulled down by the bag of rocks that's strapped to your ankle? While at the same time holding a conversation with the woman next to you about the weather as if everything's fine and under control?
I feel like that at the moment. Trying to keep up with my life.
Between studying, family, my practicum which starts in a few weeks, training for the run I signed myself up for, and that other thing (that annoying housework thing that keeps rearing its ugly head every time I turn around) there's so little time at the end of the day it's not even funny.
I read somewhere that when you've too much on your plate you should ....
- Find thirty minutes a day to meditate or relax.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Start saying no to things.
What I do when I'm stressed is:
- Up my intake of carbs and sugar.
- Drink more coffee and tea.
- Find anything to do other than the thing I'm supposed to be doing.
- Deny the need to exercise.
- Keep saying yes to things I shouldn't in a state of delirium.
And someone told me that when you've got too much on your plate, you can only do some things well, but you can't do everything well.
Therefore, housework is on the lowest rung of the ladder and I will soon need to hire a team of cleaners to work for me full-time.
How do you cope when you feel like you're being overstretched by life?