Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Three Little Pigs and the over zealous storyteller.

I love to be creative, especially when it comes to playing with the kids, or helping them learn.

Unfortunately, sometimes I get a bit carried away.

Take, for instance, this drawing I did yesterday to tell the story of the Three Little Pigs. I thought it would be fun to draw it, rather than just reading it from the book.

However...

This is what resulted.



The truth is, I couldn't exactly remember the entire story of the Three Little Pigs...

So, to start with, each pig had a name...


Bernard, Jerry, and Arnie. Bernard was wearing a bow tie, though I've no idea why.

Bernard tried to build his house with straw.


Which, duh, was blown away by the Big Bad Wolf.

Here is the Wolf.


Then Bernard went squealing to Jerry, who decided he would build them a house with twigs.


These dumb pigs never learn do they.

Then Bernard and Jerry went squealing to Arnie, who cleverly decided to build his house with bricks.


And this, here, is the wheelbarrow that was used to deliver the bricks to build the house.


(What? That totally IS a wheelbarrow!)

I didn't make it to the end of the story because my kids walked off bearing looks of disgust, and later returned to vandalize my picture with pen scribbles.

And don't even ask me about the fish at the bottom...
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

16 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

This totally made giggle! Great post.

diney said...

I love the fact that the children walked off in disgust! They hold no prisoners do they, our kids!

James (SeattleDad) said...

A great ploy to get them interested in reading rather than just looking at pictures. lol.

If I Could Escape . . . said...

That's brilliant! That's been all of my boys favourite story when they were little. Currently, I use all their names when telling it to my littlest one!

Jules said...

Love it. This totally made me laugh.

Christine said...

That is right up my son's alley & to boot he has a strange affinity for the 3 little pigs. I might borrow your creative genius on this one (minus the fish of course).

Kate Coveny Hood said...

This is hilarious and I was TOTALLY wondering about those fish!

LisaDay said...

You are probably really bad at Pictionary with a drawing like that! Ha, ha.

If you go for the Disney version, the big bad wolf just gets scolded and runs away but the 'real' version is the wolf falls into a boiling pot of water and I assume they eat them. And if you ever watched Snatched, you'll know pigs can eat everything.

Stopping by from SITS.

LisaDay

Metropolitan Mum said...

I just wanted to ask about the fish... :)

Metropolitan Mum said...

I just wanted to ask about the fish... :)

Lady Mama said...

Met Mum - the fish were from a previous "illustration". Ahem.

gringationcancun said...

HAHA! Awesome. I totally got the wheelbarrow without you telling me!

But fish? Really?

Elaine A. said...

I think it's fabulous. I mean of course that's a wheelbarrow! :) Great job Momma!

Amanda said...

I'd so sit and listen to your version. Kids these days, no imagination. :)

Loukia said...

You are hilarious!

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

That is so funny. Thanks for the laugh!