Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The feisty one.

There are bite marks on the top of the baby gate in the kitchen, where he clings on, feet poking through the bars, dangling and gnawing like a beaver while I prepare dinner.

~

The sub woofer in the living room has bite marks on it too, though I've no idea how or when they got there. (questions regarding what the hell a sub woofer is should be directed to my husband)

~

I watch as he wraps his jaw around the stone bird bath in the garden, grinding his teeth across the rough surface like it's a popsicle.

Nothing is out of his biting range - even my arm, which, until a week ago, displayed two tiny little vampire marks.

~

He pulls this face at me - this sneaky, cheeky, dare-me-to-do-it face, as he tiptoes over to the vacuum plug in the wall socket, tentatively placing his hand on it and shooting me a wicked grin.

~

He screams in protest at being told "no", arching his lips into a wail and throwing the nearest thing across the room in a rage. Three seconds later he's gurgling, laughing and rolling around the floor as his brother tickles him.

~

As he tries to climb into the water table, hoisting himself up with one leg, ready and eager to lunge in head first, I jump out my chair and race across the lawn to lift him back down.

His brother looks up from the sand box and says.

"Dude. You gotta learn to welax."



Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

11 comments:

Loukia said...

Ahh... too cute. And he sounds just like my little guy, honestly. They are non-stop energizer bunnies, aren't they?

If I Could Escape . . . said...

Both my oldest and my youngest never stop. Ever. I am always the mother at the playground up and running after their kid.

gringationcancun said...

Cute post :) (dunno what a dub woofer is either)

Emma said...

The 2 year old is exactly the same, including the biting. Where do these beasts come from?!?! (Oh. Us.)

Mwa said...

Aaah.

Sabina said...

Hey you just described my daughter, maybe she is quite normal afterall, lol! I'm loving big brother's comment though - kids are soooo funny x

LisaDay said...

You could be talking about my little guy there. I love the comment from older, wiser brother.

LisaDay

Metropolitan Mum said...

Haha. His brother's comment is the best. Can he come over and tell my daughter the same thing? We are going through a phase at the moment. So I hope...

Crystal Jigsaw said...

That is total cuteness. Absolute heart breaker!

CJ xx

Lil said...

Matthew seriously said that?! Thats so funny!

Elaine A. said...

Love it. I need to learn to "welax" sometimes too. I mean, don't we all? he he.

Such a cute picture!