Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oven I cleaned you recently?

Me: So... I was thinking, we might need to buy a new oven.

J: Oh, really. Pause during which realization occurs. Wait, what? We need a new oven? What's wrong with the one we have?

Me: Um. It's kind of, like, you know, broken.

J: You're kidding?

Me: No. Can you believe that shit? Shaking head profusely and assuming a look of complete exasperation at ridiculous oven.

J: But... uh... didn't you just cook dinner in it tonight?

Me: Uh, yeah, it just broke. As I was making dinner.

J: Blank stare: combination of confusion and suspicion.

Me: What! What! Oh. Okay. If you must know, it needs to be cleaned, and since neither of us are prepared to do it, and since it's pretty old anyway, I thought we should just... buy a new one.

J: Blank stare: suspicion is turned to calm disbelief.

Me: If you think about it, it's really not an unreasonable idea. Not really. I mean, if you think really hard about it. We could get a really pretty shiny one?

Me: Or! Hey! I've just had a great idea! I'm away at classes this weekend.... You could tackle it....

Me: Big optimistic grin.

Me: Or we could just get a new one. Ooh. This one! Researching online despite being ignored. Think of all the amazing things I could cook in this!



Maybe one day...
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

17 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh nice pic!!!! Even I could turn into a pro cook with that!! If you convince your husband see if there's a deal when you buy two when you go looking.. haha..

..... Carmen said...

Try crying - lol. I was so exasperated with our oven one day it led me to tears. Seriously. Nate bought me a new one the next day :)

Elaine A. said...

Oooh, soooo pretty. Can I come over and cook too? Pretty please?

If I Could Escape . . . said...

Oooh, I'm envisioning all the things I could burn in that one. It's nice and shiny though!

Mwa said...

Great idea! Whenever I clean the oven or microwave (appr once every two years) I "joke" that I threw it out and got a new one. The joke is too old now. I prefer your idea anyway.

Pamela said...

I totally do this when something is mega-wrong with my cars. It's not a bad set up at all. At all.

Kim - In Search of Me in Mommy said...

I am SO following your logic. I'm good with it!

sarah said...

Excuse me....I'm drooling over that picture...

sarah said...

Excuse me....I'm drooling over that picture...

Heather said...

I wish I could get a new one too, mine is so dirty. Years of cooked in dirt and grease that's never coming out regardless of how much oven cleaner i spray on it. Sigh.

I heart than viking oven.

sarah said...

I have an award for you!

You can grab it here:
http://nodontandstop.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-feel-so-warm-and-fuzzy.html

Have a great day!!! :)

Mrs. Beer said...

drooolll Viking.....

Snaffles Mummy said...

yes but think how long it would take to clean that one!

LisaDay said...

And did he clean it? You guys really need the self-cleaning variety.

I have nominated you for the Honest Scrap award, which you deserve particularly after confession the maggot story, which still makes me giggle.

LisaDay

Metropolitan Mum said...

Why not move and get a whole new kitchen? Lol

Bear and Bones Mama said...

I'm going to try this. I want that oven you pictured. Tho, i have no room in my kitchen for it. I want it anyway.

Lady Mama said...

LisaDay - No he didn't! I can't blame him though, I haven't been near it myself in a while. Thanks for the award!