Sunday, May 9, 2010

For the love of God. Someone give the kid a swing set.

There are two main reasons why we need, I repeat, NEED some kind of swing set / climbing apparatus in my back garden. Very soon.

1) My son has taken to sliding backwards down the handle bar of his wagon.

Poor, deprived kid.

"Look Mama!" He says, showing me his moves.



And then, "Wheeeee!" as he goes down the handle bar and lands on the ground.

Poor kid.

2) The park is a disaster zone right now.

The problem: two highly energetic kids at different developmental stages, running in opposite directions towards potentially dangerous climbing frames and things that spin around at eighty miles per hour, and one mother with rapidly-graying hair and a slightly overactive imagination, chasing after both kids with rising blood pressure, and with only two arms and one very hoarse voice.

I definitely feel a swing set coming our way.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

13 comments:

Mwa said...

Good idea! He does look a little sad on that handle.

We need a little trampoline in the garden.

diney said...

Poor little deprived boy - I agree that he needs one or he may hold it against you when he is older!!!

Lindsay @ Just My Blog said...

Ooh a swingset would be awesome! My girls do the same kind of thing....They like to slide down my legs....not exactly the best "slide." If you find a good deal on swingsets, let me know :)

Metropolitan Mum said...

That's the most sad picture I have seen on your blog so far. Poor kid indeed!

LisaDay said...

We also need one. The swings and the rocks are only exciting for so long. The husband is building one with a fireman's pole from the second story of the shed. Can you say 'yikes.'

LisaDay

Chic Mama said...

Awww, boys never tire do they? My toddler just doesn't stop. I can't believe how much your son has grown...:0)

Lil said...

Yep I think you need a swing set, followed by several playdates. ;)

Metropolitan Mum said...

PS: I have tagged you in a happiness meme: http://www.metropolitanmum.co.uk/2010/05/spread-the-blogging-love/

If I Could Escape . . . said...

Awwwww, cute photo. Don't you love how boys can make a playground out of anything?

Kate Coveny Hood said...

If we had a real yard I think we'd need to get one. They climb all over anything anyway...better if it was something you're supposed to climb on.

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

Poor little dude. Get that little man a swing set pronto!!!

James (SeattleDad) said...

Hope it is a good one and it comes your way fast. Post pics of how happy he is when you get it.

Elaine A. said...

I highly recommend it. We recently got one (a VERY simple one) and we ALL love it! ;D