Monday, May 3, 2010

WonderMother Day

With Mother's Day under one week away, I was thinking about the ideal gift.

Aside from a weekend away, a new car, a $100 Starbucks giftcard and an iPhone (I'm a woman of simple needs), I can think of one, very inexpensive thing I'd like to receive: the gift of time off. Time alone. Time to browse a few stores, sit in a park reading a magazine, get a pedicure, hire a horse and carriage and a pack of circus clowns for an hour - whatever. The location and the activity don't matter so much as the fact that it's time off, without responsibility, if only for a few hours.

So, dudes, if you're running low on inspiration, here's an idea for you.

And ladies, if you suspect your significant other is lacking inspiration, feel free to cut this out and subtly stick it to the fridge, the car hood, the underside of the toilet seat, or whatever.



Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

10 comments:

Loukia said...

I hope you get to spend a lovely day doing whatever you want... on your own! That is a great thing for sure!

..... Carmen said...

I like it! I think I'll print it out for Nate ;)

MommyLovesStilettos said...

Love it! A great idea :)

Elaine A. said...

I hope you get your Mother's Day wish! :)

Emma said...

One day, right??

Genevieve said...

Ur post made me smile! TY! Happy Mday 2 u!

Mwa said...

:-) I hope you get your wish. It is essential.

I'm evil though, so I don't need that sign. I TAKE my time off, every week. Because I need it. And I think I deserve it. So there. (Evil cackle...)

Christine said...

I don't know, that Starbucks gift card looks pretty attractive. Kidding :-)

diney said...

I didn't realise it was mother's day coming up - and I'd like to bet my two don't either so I'd better start hinting!So pleased I called round to see you! Hope you have a great day - and time off!

kanishk said...

Love it! A great idea :)
post free classifieds