Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Three Darling Boy.

I unapologetically grab and kiss his cheeks every chance I get. He dances around the room, singing made-up songs about trucks and diggers, his blond hair falling in his eyes, and I can't take my eyes off of him. He is so incredibly beautiful.




We've come a long way this past year. It was only eighteen months ago that he learned to walk. Now he runs and leaps like he's had those legs for twenty years. His words flow into sentences, clearer and more fluent each day.

Some of his words are still adorably off base:
- Excabator (excavator)
- Noonles (noodles)
- Wuv (love)
- Banaboaf (buffalo / banana loaf)




Three is so much fun. We chat and giggle together. He'll sit quietly in my lap while I read him a story. He walks by my side at the grocery store. He climbs up into his car seat by himself. He talks on the phone with his Dad at work and his Nana overseas, casually holding the handset against his ear and wandering at the same time.




There are tantrums, but we prefer distractions. And the distractions are ample, now that he has a collection of favourite things: popsicles, jelly bears, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, Bob the Builder, dinosaurs, excavators, bulldozers, garbage trucks, the girls next door, the park.

Happy Third Birthday, my darling boy.

To have you in our lives, watching you grow up, filling our lives with joy and happiness every day - that makes us the lucky ones.



Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

13 comments:

Sparkless said...

Awww Happy 3rd Birthday! Three is such a wonderful age.

Chic Mama said...

Awwww, Happy Birthday to your son. My youngest is not far behind with his 3rd. The time goes so quickly doesn't it. X

..... Carmen said...

Happy 3rd Birthday to Matthew!

diney said...

Happy 3rd birthday - so cute!

gringationcancun said...

Noonles tee-hee

Happy bday!

Jules said...

Happy Birthday.....he has such beautiful eyes and hair.

I love a little kid's language. I still remember how my son used to say some words.....and he's 23 now.It's so cool that you have this blog to record everything.

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

Happy Birthday to your little man - he is a gorgeous little boy!

Loukia said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful little boy! HUGS mama, our children are growing up way too fast! xo

LisaDay said...

Happy Birthday 'big' boy.

I prefer distractions, too. Our new kitty works wonders.

LisaDay

Elaine A. said...

Such a sweet boy! Happy Birthday to him and many, many more... :D

James (SeattleDad) said...

Happy birthday to your cute little guy. Can't believe how close in age he is to Lukas. 3 this Sunday.

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Happy Birthday (belated) to your lil man. I must warn you, it's the torturous threes, don't let the smiles and those eyes fool you! :)

LisaDay said...

I hope the birthday was great.

I have an award for you at my site.

LisaDay
http://www.thisandthatday.blogspot.com/