Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Time to hit the pause button.

I've been trying to write this post for the last three days. Every time I sit down to type, something pops up and wrestles with me for my attention: the mountain of homework for my final massage therapy exams in two weeks (OMG); the kids and their different phases of needs and issues and things (currently potty training, God help us all); the neglected housework that for some illogical reason just keeps getting worse. Which, what the hell?

Thing is, life has been catching up with me lately, it's been mounting up behind me like a tidal wave. And now it's trampling all over me like a tidal wave combined with a giant herd of elephants.

And that's not nice. Even if you're superwoman. Which I am not.

I wish, wish, wish I had the time to write this blog as often or as well as I'd really like. But it's not an option for me right now.

Every time I write a post I feel like I'm failing to do something else. I'm taking away from time with my kids; I'm avoiding my studies; I'm putting off that run I've been promising myself for the past three months. Etc.

Something has to give, and for now, it's this.

I'll be back soon, when I can get my stuff together again.

Bye for now friends.

BIG cyber hug. xoxo.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

11 comments:

Loukia said...

I'll be here waiting. I know what you mean. I feel like overwhelmed sometimes, too, especially with keeping up with other blogs. Good Luck to you! xox HUGS!

Nikosmommy said...

Take the time you need! It's too bad that life gets in the way of blogging right!?! Ha!
Honestly I think blogging is my downfall. Sometimes it takes priority and my kids suffer for it (no mommy of the year awards are going to be given out around here!!...)
P.S. I'm in southern AB too!

Mwa said...

Big hug to you. I'll be here when you get back.

(I should really admit the same thing to myself, but haven't worked up the courage yet.)

diney said...

I should take a leaf out of your book - blogging does take over life because it is so addictive! Have a good break getting your life in order.

Kristy said...

I will be here checking in to say hi when you are back! Enjoy LIFE!

Elaine A. said...

Life just gets busy. I hear you. We'll miss you but will be here when you return! :)

LisaDay said...

I agree with Elaine. If something has to drop, it should be this. Good luck on your exams.

LisaDay

James (SeattleDad) said...

I SO understand. Glad it's not for good.

See you when you're in a better place.

Lisa said...

I so hear you sister. I'm in pretty much the same boat(minus the chiro exam!). Good luck with everything. PS Housework is STUPID. ;)

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I totally understand and applaud your sense of priority. You have plenty of friends who will be happy to have you back whenever you're ready!

ShannonL @ Comments from a Non-Blogger said...

Good for you! Blogging is oh-so very time consuming! The bad thing about it for me is that I do most of it from work! I hate to take away from family time (or laundry/dishes time - ick). But I've slowed down. I was visiting and commenting on soooo many a couple months ago. Now I just visit my faves and comment when I can. It works.
Do what you need to do. We'll be here when you get back. :-)