Monday, August 30, 2010

While I wasn't blogging.

Oh hai!

It's me!

How are you?

When I looked at the date of my last post I was stunned to see I'd been away from here for two months. Two whole months! That's a long time - practically long enough to be placed on the dusty shelf of forgotten blogs.

But two months is a good long time to get things into perspective, and the break has been refreshing. There are things I've missed about blogging, and things I haven't.

I've missed my blogging pals, and have lurked around some of my favourite blogs to keep an eye on what's been happening. I haven't missed the constant need to be thinking up post ideas, the stress of wondering whether each post is good enough... etc. You know.

Taking a blog break made me realize that, though I dearly love blogging, I need to find a less stressful way of doing it. I realized I don't have the time to keep on top of this the way I have in the past.

So, from here on, I'm going to attempt a more low-key approach to blogging. I'm not quite sure what that means yet.... so we'll see.

Anyway.

After I last wrote, I got to work preparing for my exams. I slogged away at my studies like my life depended on it, occasionally emerging to whine and curse and to exclaim at the unfairness of how everyone else in my class didn't have two teeny children and practically no sleep for the last two years. J patiently listened and helped by testing me, night after night, from almost-illegible study cards and by kindly acting as my human palpation tool (not anywhere near as rude as it sounds).

I passed my exams (whoo!) with the help of a lot of late night studying, several jugs of coffee and a massive rush of adrenaline, followed by an episode of crashing hard.

And I was so, so so happy to be done.

And then - just so you don't think I was lying around eating boxes of chocolates all day...

...I set about getting properly registered as a therapist.

...I went to TEN interviews.

...I finally found a job I'm so excited about I can hardly speak.

...I interviewed a number of babysitters (that's a whole other post) and thankfully found a superb one to give me peace of mind while I'm at work.

...I made *some* progress with the potty training.

...I lurked around some of my favourite blogs to sneak a peak at what was happening with BlogHer and turned green with envy a couple of times because it looked so fabulous.


Yeah... that about sums it up - you know, along with the usual things that keep life ticking along nicely.

But at least I have some great stuff to write about now.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

14 comments:

Elaine A. said...

Oooh, I wanna hear about the baby-sitter interviews! ;)

Glad to hear from you!

Mammatalk said...

Welcome back! Just keep blogging low key. It's supposed to be fun! I always tell myself this! :+)

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Congrats on -everything! Blogging low-key is cool -Can't wait to hear more :)

Nikosmommy said...

Glad you're back and glad the exams went well! Congrats on the job too!

Canadian Bald Guy said...

I think too many of us worry about constantly posting in an effort to gain more readers, when really...we just need to remember why we started blogging in the first place and simply write from the heart.

Jules said...

Welcome back. It is quite refreshing to take a little time away from the blog world. I think we all worry about it too much. Life goes on.

Congrats on the new job!

Momma Sunshine said...

Glad to have you back! It's been a busy couple of months for you.

Congratulations on the new job! :-D

ShannonL said...

Nice to see you back even if it is low-key, which can be great, too!

I have a blog, but I don't blog all that much. I mainly love to visit other blog and comment. I have no set schedule, I just write about things when there's something to write about. But everyone's different and everyone find their *groove* in time, I think. I really don't know how some people keep up!

Congrats on the job! Looking forward to hearing all about it and your babysitter search!

Loukia said...

I am SO glad to see you're back! Blog as often as you want to, we will still be here reading! :) Was so nice to see you pop by my blog the other day, too. :) Yay for passing your exams and getting an awesome job and happy to things are going well. :)

Mwa said...

Hi!
And congratulations on all the amazing changes!

Miz Dinah said...

Hey, it happens. I totally hear what you're saying. It is so hard to find time to blog regularly without stressing out or neglecting something. That's what I just wrote about! Congrats on the new job.

LisaDay said...

Welcome back. Congrats about passing the exams, getting a job, finding a babysitter and starting potty training. Not bad for two months.

LisaDay

Metropolitan Mum said...

Hi!!! Good to see you back. And congrats on the job, that's wonderful news!
I am not blogging that much either, only about once a week. So much other stuff going on...
xx

If I Could Escape . . . said...

Congratulations and well done you!