Friday, September 17, 2010

The answer to WHY.

"Can I have a chocolate egg Mummy?"

"No honey, you can't."

"Why Mummy?"

"Because it's time to go to bed."

"Why?"

"Because it's seven thirty and that means it's bedtime."

"Why?"

"Because I decided."

"Why?"

"Because I make the rules."

"Why?"

"Because I'm your Mummy."

"Why?"

"Because I grew you in my tummy."

"Why?"

"Because about three and a half years ago Mummy and Daddy decided to start a family."

"Why?"

"Because we knew we wanted you and your brother so much."

"Why?"

"Because back then we were young and eager and sleeping through the night and full of energy."

"Why?"

"Because no one was keeping us up all night."

"Why?"

"Because it was just Mummy, Daddy and Bongo back then."

"Why?"

"Because you and Oliver weren't here yet."

"Why?"

"Because you weren't born."

"Why?"

"Because you weren't."

"Why?"

"Hey Matthew."

"Huh?"

"Goodnight."

"Why?"
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

8 comments:

Jules said...

WHY do they do that?

Nikosmommy said...

This running convo is the story of MY LIFE!!! why why whyyyyy!! Everyday day, all day!

Midwest Mommy said...

Replace Matthew with my daughter's name and I think you were in my house last night taking notes.

Miz Dinah said...

Oh the Whys you can ask if only you try...

Why don't you you pop over and pick up the 8 questions I've left for you: http://mizdinah.blogspot.com/2010/09/eight-is-enough.html Why? WHY?? Why not?

Snaffles Mummy said...

wow you have far more patience than I do. Its usually "why", "becuase mummy said so" in our house.

Metropolitan Mum said...

Haha. :)

Mwa said...

When some Scottish friends came to stay with us, the first Flemish word they learned was the one for "why" because my son used it in EVERY sentence.

Loukia said...

Ha... so true. Well done!