Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The last time they went out...


Fifty points and a gold star to whoever can guess the last time these shoes were worn.

I felt so sorry for them, I wrote them a little poem.

Sad, I know.

Poor, poor, dusty shoes
They used to go out dancing
They used to stalk the streets at night
Happy with liquor and romancing.

Poor old crusty shoes
Once polished up and shiny
They used to carry lighthearted feet
Now they're just tired and whiny.

Poor shoes that once were black
Used to stay out til past dawn
Now they can barely make it til ten
Without a stifled yawn.

Poor shoes slowly turning gray
Would like to dance once more
They'd shake off their cobwebs and shine their heels
For the chance to take the floor.



And now, I promise to never write a poem ever again.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

5 comments:

Loukia said...

Aw! Great poem, poor shoes!

Elaine A. said...

I hope you've already dusted them off and prepared them for a date night! They (and you) totally deserve it!! :)

James (SeattleDad) said...

Uh, during the Mt St. Helens eruption?

Fi said...

Magnificent post!
I Loved every word of that poem.
I hope that you can dust them off again one day X

Midwest Mommy said...

This made me giggle!! I am going to guess 10 years.