Thursday, September 30, 2010

While I was sleeping someone replaced my brain with a Whoopee Cushion.

There's no entry in the dictionary for "Baby Brain", but if there was, I think it would go something like this.

Baby Brain: A condition of diminished brain power occurring in parents of young kids, often the result of months or years of sleep deprivation, caused by being woken up repeatedly during the night by babies and toddlers and sometimes, preschoolers, combined with way too many hours spent trying to decipher phrases such as "noo noo me fla floo boo poo" and not enough time having intelligent conversations with adults and listening to world news and reading National Geographic."

Yes?

My brain is on vacation, it seems.

Like, I used to be able to remember the plot of a movie I watched two weeks ago; I could recall someone's name after they told me the second time; I could remember things from my to-do list without writing them on my arm with a Sharpie.

It just doesn't perform those tasks any more.

I know this, because yesterday at work, when the nice receptionist asked me to enter my password into the computer booking system, I innocently told her I had never been given one. Then, after she asked if I was sure I didn't have a password, I insisted I had never been given one. I shook my head and stood my ground, positive I was right.

There was no way I'd been given a password because obviously I would remember! Right?

But then, as if by magic, I managed to type a password into the system. It seemed that, in fact, I had created a password - one that only I knew, just two weeks ago. Of which I had NO RECOLLECTION WHATSOEVER.

How does someone with a normal, functioning brain forget a TINY DETAIL like that?

Oh! Oh! Oh! I know! Me! Me! Choose me! I know the answer!

Because those brain cells that used to function normally? Are taking a break. And won't be back until a quarter past never.

 
 
 
***Watch out for an exciting giveaway for parents with babies 
coming up at the end of this week***


Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

8 comments:

Lisa said...

hahahahahahaha! I have the best story that relates to this. Here it is. This one time, I was going..to...um. Ya. I totally forgot what I was going to say. I'm pretty sure our brains are sharing a sandwich at cafeteria somewhere.

Lisa said...

Oh god. It seems I can't even leave a coherent comment. I meant, at "a" cafeteria. I'm going to bed.

Lady Mama said...

Hehe. Yes, you are definitely as bad as me! :P

Lil said...

Yes, pen and paper are my friends..

Lil said...

Yes, pen and paper are my friends..

LisaDay said...

Quarter past never. On no. I thought it would come back.

LisaDay

Mwa said...

Eh?

Tammy said...

love the pic!!