Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Winter Wants.


The weather in Calgary has taken a strange turn lately. Instead of shifting straight into winter as it usually does in October, it seems we're having another go at summer - or at least a lovely fall. And though I'm enjoying these unseasonably nice last days of relative warmth (yesterday we ate popsicles in the garden), I'm also longing for temperatures cold enough to let me slip into my new parka and the boys their new fur-trimmed winter coats, and head out for long walks in the snow. I'm a typical Brit - never happy with the weather, whatever it's doing.

And in the spirit of all things wintry and cozy, I'm coveting these lovely items.


Woven wool scarf from Aritzia.

Green Audrey dress from Boden.



 Knitted spotted jacket from Boden.



Feather-print kimono from Top Shop.

High-neck silk blouse from Zara.

Gold-plated bangles from net-a-porter.

Cross-body purse from Olivia + Joy. 



 (Not very practical at all in the snow) Animal print flats from Nine West. 

 Slashed knitted snood from Top Shop. 

Holiday colour wheel eye shadow palette from Stila.
 Heavy duty moisturizer: Skin Food by Weleda. 



What about you, readers? What are you coveting? 


Updated to add: None of the products mentioned in this post have been paid for.
 

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

5 comments:

Elaine A. said...

Jeans, I need some new, hot jeans!

And you're in Calgary? I didn't know. My cousin lives in St. Albert, near Edmonton. Y'all are like neighbors! ;-P

naomi said...

Just done the boots, jeans and coats for winter. I need some long sleeved tunics now - I feel a shopping moment coming soon.

..... Carmen said...

Oooh I like that green dress! Never heard of Boden, but with the two items listed above, I think it would be a favorite of mine :)

Lady Mama said...

Boden is English Carmen. And I think they do deliver to Canada. :) http://www.boden.co.uk/

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Oh! Great choices. Except on me? That green knit dress would look like i was a large, mishapen pickle! I love the handbag so much!