Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My dog has learned how to slam his dog door.

This is Bongo. Part Australian Shepherd, part Border Collie, part something else, we're not sure.


He is, in no uncertain terms, pissed off.

He's taking a sabbatical.

To reflect upon the fact that his once-perfect life has been replaced by a place of sticky-fingered torment, flying missiles, and cacophonous yelling and screaming.

It's not always easy, being him.

See this? This is Bongo's water bowl.


It's suspiciously orange. I think someone might have dropped a popsicle in there.

It's all a bit much to take.

And then last night, I heard it. As my toddler woke up crying for the second time, Bongo took off out the dog door, slamming it on the way.

Don't ask me how he managed it, but he did.

"Did you hear that?" I asked J who was previously asleep. "Bongo just slammed the dog door. He SLAMMED it. He's definitely pissed off."

And so it is.

It's his birthday soon. Maybe I should do something nice for him...
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

8 comments:

Loukia said...

That first picture is so cute! He looks so sophisticated! And neat that he closed the door by himself. :)

Lady Mama said...

He does have a sophisticated look about him... thanks!

Tammy said...

Bwahahahaha I love the orange water photo evidence...lol... poor Bongo.. maybe I'll bring him a treat sometime soon!!

LisaDay said...

maybe he's still pissed you put him on a diet. Maybe something with sugar — and not his bowl – will do.

LisaDay

Lisa said...

hahahaha! Bongo's got some "tude!" Love it. I swear our dog Roger actually rolls his eyes at us sometimes. Not an easy feat for a chihuahua, what with those big bulbous eyes and all. ;)

Lady Mama said...

Tammy - Bongo says he wants a treat.

LisaDay - He IS still pissed about the diet. I would be too though.

Lisa - Wow, I want to see that. An eye-rolling chihuahua?!

Elaine A. said...

Yeah, looks like his life is REALLY rough... ;) Ah just kidding. I'm glad he got to get away from it all for a bit - ha ha!

He's a good lookin' dog for sure!

Amanda said...

I wish he liked other dogs, we'd invite him over for a playdate to cheer him up. ;-)