Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's my Birthday and I want Three Wishes and a Pony.

It's my birthday! Today! I'm thirty two years old! And I'm going to use exclamation marks all day!

On this day, thirty two years ago, I was born in a hospital in London, and there began the story of my life.... Oh gawd no, I'm not really going to bore you with the details of my life story. Not today anyway. But here's a cute baby picture for good measure.
Instead, I'd like to send three wishes out to the universe. And, as much as I'd like to see world peace, an end to poverty and warm beds for all fellow arctic dwellers over these frosty winter months, today my wishes are purely selfish.

Wish #1: These past few weeks (touching wood) we've seen a glimmer of hope in the sleeping-through-the-night department. Please, universe, let this be the start of many, many long, uninterrupted nights of sleep over the coming year.

Wish #2: Universe, you know me and my fondness for rich food and wine. Well, it's December, and December officially marks the beginning of my month-long indulgence fest. I try to be good most of the year, honest I do, but in this month of merriness, I'd like to enjoy the highly fattening cheeses, cookies, cakes and wine, without gaining fifty pounds. And since I just bought myself a new pair of jeans and since it would be awesome if they still fit me in January, do you think you could do me this one small favour and magically erase the calories this one time?

Wish #3: A birthday cake. Not just any cake, but one like this one my Mum used to make me as a girl. 


Kthnxbai. xox
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

11 comments:

Mwa said...

Happy Birthday! May all your wishes be granted.

Elaine A. said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

You are such a cutie as a baby and that cake is brilliant! Hope you have a wonderful day! :D

Nick the neighbor said...

Happy birthday Young Lady. Re: Wish #1- fingers crossed for you. Sleep is so important to feeling young and wrinkle free! Wish #2. Me too! It gets harder as the years click on by. And Wish #3. What a wonderful mummy
to make such a cake! If the cake doesn't happen tescw with wine:). Enjoy.

Nick the neighbor said...

What does tescw mean??? Dumb phone! Replace with replace!

fiona2107 said...

Happy birthday.....I hope you get all your wishes.....( but seriously.....if number two works....you have to tell the universe to give ME that wish too!)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Happy birthday! YOur mom rocked at cake making!
tell you what, let's both believe that #2 will happen, for each of us, okay? See? Positive thinking on one persons part is good, but two? For sure will happen.

Nikosmommy said...

Happy Birthday Mama! My mum made a cake JUST like that for me when I was 5....loved it!

Hope you have a great weekend and that your wishes for calorie-free wine, cheese and cookie consumption come true!

naomi said...

I love the cake - its so gorgeous and girly. I hope you have a fab birthday day and your wishes come true.

LisaDay said...

Happy Birthday! May the universe grant you these tiny wishes!

LisaDay

Mammatalk said...

Loving the cake! Enjoy your birthday and long, sleep filled nights!! :+)

James (SeattleDad) said...

Happy Birthday! 32? I once read that a large survey of people were asked what the ideal age was. And the answer?

32 of course. I'm envious. I remember 32 fondly.