Friday, January 21, 2011

The product of being over-productive.

*Please note, when I refer to "you" in this post, I really mean "me" - it's just that saying "you" implies that I did not do these things.*

- In a hurried attempt to get some laundry done, you tug all the sheets off your bed and throw them into the washing machine, not realizing that your son's trucks and diggers board book is hiding among the fabric. An hour later you discover the remains of the book, and when your son asks "mummy where is my book?" you say "look over there - there's a bird!"

And then you add it to the list of things you've accidentally washed/destroyed (hello husband's ipod).

- Your son asks if he can play in the bathroom sink, and because you're in the middle of preparing dinner and doing five other things, you say okay and switch on the faucets for him, telling yourself you must definitely switch them off again in thirty seconds. Two minutes later, you remember the taps as your two-year old toddles into the kitchen, drenched. You scream and run into the bathroom where the floor is covered in quarter of an inch of water.


More laundry.

- Amid all the bustle of the day, you accidentally buy a huge and very expensive slice of cake while at the grocery store, thinking it's a healthy apple. *

Best apple I ever did eat.

* What really happened, was, I bought the slice of cake, knowing full well it was cake, not an apple.




Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

7 comments:

thesavingmomparents said...

This is going on my list of best posts ever. I can so relate! ~Jessica

James (SeattleDad) said...

Collateral damage happens. I understand.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I hate it when objects slip into the laundry loads. My most recent one was a purple crayon. Yeah - that was AWESOME.

I never buy apples - but cake is a given.

Mwa said...

Mmmm cake. Mmmmm.

Ellen Arnison said...

How true. You just let the baby play with the jars of sauce for a few minutes....

Metropolitan Mum said...

Reading only the title, I thought you were pregnant again!

WhisperingWriter said...

CAKE!

Ahem. Sorry. I get excited when I hear about cake.

But yes, I've washed many things that I shouldn't before.