Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Other effective (but not recommended) ways of losing weight.

Oh hi there, how are you?

First, thanks for your comments and suggestions about the room sharing idea. This is why I love blogging: I have some impulsive idea about ripping out walls and right as I'm about to take my mallet and begin demolishing, you guys say sensible, helpful things and the walls remain intact and unharmed. (For now anyway) As per your advice, we've decided a more practical option would be to put the boys in one room for a trial run, converting the other bedroom into a playroom temporarily. I'll let you know how we get on with that!

Second, I've been sick as a dog ("AGAIN!", she yells).

It started with a piddly little cold at the beginning of last week. I tried my best to ignore the cold, but it got worse and worse until finally on Friday afternoon I wound up on the floor of my bathroom cry-dialing my husband at work and blubbering loudly about how I couldn't make it through another hour and begging him to come home (or, as I eloquently put it at the time,"I CWAN MA HURTS AS BEE REELLY SICK GERRA MEDCIN IN BLURBRA".)

Thankfully he was able to come home. And assess the damage. Body: aching. Temperature: 102. Head: pounding. Ears: throbbing. Sense of smell and taste: gone. Throat: sore. Cough: like a smoker's. Children: jumping on my head and trying to smother me with blankets.


The next day I dragged myself to the doctor, who diagnosed a sinus infection and wrote me a prescription for antibiotics, and though I don't normally accept antibiotics with open arms, I grabbed that delicious sheet of paper that promised freedom from sickness from his hands and ran like the wind to get it filled.

Because, as it turns out, sinus infections? Nasty little buggers that suck the life out of you.

Lucky for me, I was able to lie in bed dying (nearly) for a few days, and ringing my bell (imaginary), while my sweet husband brought me plates of food and hot cups of tea (true). And all the lying around in bed brought about a feeling of immense gratitude: that I have someone who looks after me; that I have access to doctors and medicine when my body can't sort itself out; for Netflix; and for the sickness-induced weight loss that took place while I was convalescing. Kind of like magic.

How was your weekend?
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

7 comments:

Loukia said...

Aw, feel better soon! I think you just need a good dose of summer!

Elaine A. said...

Good gosh girl, I hope the sickies have left the building! But yes, glad your man was around to take good care of you! :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Winter needs, NEEDS, to end. needs. Feel better!

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

Sucks to be sick - sucks worse when you have a husband who brings you NOTHING and still thinks someone who is half dead can and should make dinner.

Yay for weight loss.

LisaDay said...

Sinus infections suck. I hope you are feeling better soon.

LisaDay

Mwa said...

OMG I want what you have. I have the life-sucking cold, smoker's cough, headache, but without the temp or the need for antibiotics so I'm up looking after the kids and losing the will to live very rapidly (but gaining weight - bummer) while husband is at work. Lying in bed nearly dying sounds like such an attractive option right now!

(I'm sure you would disagree. And I am joking. Kind of.)

Stephanie said...

I'm reminded of that scene in "The Devil Wears Prada" where Emily Blunt's character says "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight!" LOL!!