Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Screaming.

You know what I was thinking this afternoon? I was thinking about how much I love April. The smell of Spring; the departure of Ugg boots and the arrival of citrus-coloured flip flops; the way the landscape suddenly emerges green and hints of colour begin popping up throughout gardens everywhere; the sound of birds singing their sweet song outside my window early in the morning, reminding me that summer is on its way.

And I was thinking, you really should come over one day soon for a barbecue. Bring the family. I'll throw some steaks on the grill and we'll crack open a few beers.

It really is a wonderful time of year.




Here, have a seat. If you lean back a bit you might be able to smell the peonies.



Don't let those two feet of snow bother you.

The kids will have a blast. See, over there - there's a tricycle. You can sort of see it poking out from beneath about twenty centimeters of snow.



This?



Oh, that's the path outside our house, we dug it out earlier this morning. It only took an hour.

Wait. What's that sound?

It's coming from the back alley, behind the garage. It's a car, revving. It's stuck in the snow. The woman in the car is thrusting the gear stick back and forth as though she's going to be able to maneuver her way out of there. But there's no way. Because the tires - they just spin around and around in useless motion.

Now she's getting out of her car. She's going to put some gravel behind the wheels - that would be the sensible thing to do. Oh, no, wait, she's kicking the car now. Still .... kicking it. And, now, yup, yelling at the car. Something about ... "goddamn April still dammit swearword snowing swearword enough swearword".

Perhaps we should do the barbecue another weekend.

How does August look?
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

5 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I hear you!! We are again melting, but last Wednesday, we had the same thing. It HAS to go soon, right? Right!?

Loukia said...

Are you serious? These are recent pictures? Oh, NO! That's just awful! I'm sorry. :( Here, the snow is mostly all gone. But as I say this, I'm sure more snow is on the way, as a few hours from here, it's snowing. Blah! RIDICULOUS. Whatever happened to global warming, damn it? ;)

Mommyto3andahusky said...

ha! We are having crazy weather too! :) I just found your blog and became a follower! Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

LisaDay said...

OK. I confess. I just giggled there. Can I send you some warmth. I will take zero and no snow and you can have the plus weather and no snow, too.

LisaDay

Angela said...

Hilarious!! Thanks for the laugh. Somehow, it makes all the complaining I'm doing about the interminable rain here in Vancouver seem a little....petty. :P