Friday, May 27, 2011

Kid's bedroom wall art.

About a year ago, after we had painted our older son's room bright orange (one wall is orange, the rest is white with an orange stripe across the middle), we looked around for appropriate wall art to hang in the room. We'd gone back and forth on illustrations of alphabets, rocket ships, dinosaurs, monsters and trucks - all the usual child-friendly designs. Finally, unable to decide, we left it for a while.

Then this week we remembered this picture - a silk screen by UK illustrator Olly Moss, that we'd purchased a while back. It's a Flight of the Conchords poster (have you seen the show? It's awesome.) featuring a red London bus. It had previously hung downstairs in the playroom, but had since been replaced and was temporarily homeless.

It hadn't occurred to us to try hanging a non-child-specific print in our son's room, but when we did, it just worked. And most importantly, he liked it! 





Seeing this print work in M's room makes me think I'll be more open minded about where I look for kids' wall art in the future.
Have a great weekend everyone! 



Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

5 comments:

Fi-Wonderfully Wired Mum said...

That is magnificent! I love it!

James (SeattleDad) said...

That's a sweet print. Love the color scheme and the double decker.

LisaDay said...

We have pictures my brother took in South Africa on our son's wall.

LisaDay

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love it! And if I ever get my act together and give my daughter her own "girl" room - I have TONS of non-kid art just waiting to go up on the walls...

Lisa said...

Love the print and....LOVE Flight of the Conchords. I'm part of its "fan base!" LOL! That show cracks me up.