Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Two things I like right now.

When it comes to buying cosmetics, the truth is, I'm a bit of a cheapskate. Once, long ago, wallet permitting, I did splash out on expensive brands and thought nothing of slapping on a face cream that I wouldn't now dream of spend the same money on. Now(adays) I happily purchase pharmacy counter brands and, on the most part, I genuinely don't see a huge difference.

So when, a few weeks ago, I was shopping at the Real Canadian Superstore and walked by their new line of Joe Fresh makeup, I was compelled to stop and look. Not one to pass up a cheap powder or gloss, I began perusing the line, and was so impressed (mostly by the prices but also the nice packaging), that I grabbed a few things.

Funny how that always seems to happen to me in Superstore... things other than the groceries I went in for mysteriously make their way into my cart...



I've been really impressed by the products I bought: a gold nail polish, perfect for flashing toes in summer sandals, and a cream blush in apricot that gives the face a peachy glow (providing you don't slap on too much, in which case you might end up a bit like Aunt Sally, if you know what I mean).

Best of all (I told you I was a cheapskate) was the price: $8 for the blush and $4 for the polish.

!!!

That is all I have to say on the matter.

p.s. I may have to start shopping elsewhere, since the temptation to purchase things I don't need at Superstore is too great.

p.p.s This post was not sponsored or paid for in any way, the contents are simply my own opinion.
Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

2 comments:

Kori Donahue said...

Hmmm I love new products. Can't wait to check them out! I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend honey!

I'm having a fabulous giveaway! I hope you can enter! Have a fantastic night! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I want to try this now! I love the looks of it!