Wednesday, January 18, 2012

If I Knew How To Get A Great Picture With My Kids I'd Write A Tutorial.

Everyone is in a good mood. I grab the camera and round up my sons. We sit together on the sofa and I hold the camera out in front of us, hoping my arm isn't visible in the shot. I have this brilliant idea of a prefect, slightly quirky shot that will end up in a frame on my wall. It's going to be good, I can feel it.


Not a bad first effort. But not everyone is looking at the camera. Or smiling. Try again.


Now everyone is pulling a strange face or looking elsewhere. Again.


Everyone is losing interest. But okay everyone, we can do this! Look at the camera and smile!


Is that smiling? Is it? One more time. How about we all say "bananas" instead.

 
Saying bananas is a bad idea that results in everyone looking totally distracted and the shot being wonky. Let's scooch up together and try once more. This is the last time. Promise.



I'm beginning to do that fake smile I do when someone is taking too many pictures. One last time... everyone just "be normal"!

Okay. I give up. It's a wrap.

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To Reddit Bookmark Twitter

5 comments:

Carmen said...

I like the last one! And most importantly you were having fun :)

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Well.....A+ for effort!

Christy said...

So, so, so funny! And cute!

LisaDay said...

Ha, ha. Too funny. It would be helpful if our husbands took pictures for us so we look like we exist in the family, too.

LisaDay

Kristy said...

I soooo agree. The right picture with Mom AND kids is quite elusive. But, yours are so cute, I must admit!